Friday, May 17, 2019

1.08 Minnesota Fighting Saints - WR A.J. Brown

Last season, the Fighting Saints won 4 of their last 5 games, thanks to the sudden emergence of Patrick Mahomes II at quarterback.  Since they finished just one game out of the playoffs, one only wonders how they might have done if their first-round pick (Derrius Guice) hadn’t torn his ACL—the second time in as many years that Minnesota’s first-round pick tore an ACL.  They really need Guice and Dalvin Cook to come through if they want to contend for TUFF Bowl XX.  Since they needed help at WR anyway, they went with AJ Brown.  Demonstrated a good size/speed blend (although not quite as good as Metcalf).  Impression con: Corey Davis is already the #1 receiver on a passing offense that hasn’t done much.  Impression pro: Maybe the reason why the passing offense hasn’t done much in the last few years is that Mariota hasn’t had many targets to throw to.

1 comment:

  1. My Week 1 mistake of starting Manning over Mahomes cost me a split in the DH and a playoff spot. smh

    I had Brown as the #2 wr and #4 overall. I was happy to get him here. The rest of my draft, well, I was toast when the two second tier qbs went in front of me. I hadn't figured on that. Even in my 4th TUFF draft I sometimes lose sight of the different emphasis that comes with a 16 team dynasty as opposed to my 12 team limited keeper that I've been dealing with for 40 years. LOL

    Thanks for putting in this work...now on to read the rest of my crucifixion!

    ReplyDelete